Re: RC: RC: endurance prospect

In a message dated 2/5/00 11:59:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JANUSTUDIO@compuserve.com writes:

<< Yes, I see this coming as well.  Already seeing it in the different types
 of horses doing difficult technical races versus flater, faster, races.
 Jan >>

Yes, and Deb Bennett noted this divergence in type (she related it more to
distance, with a difference in the racier 50-mile type and the more agile
100-mile type, but these flat desert 100's lean toward the former, too)
several years ago.  I started looking at that a bit closer after she said
that (it rang true with me when I heard it) and have to say that I've seen
that from a ride vet's perspective, too.  One of the questions I ask people
looking at prospects is what they intend to do, for that very reason.

Heidi