Re: RC: RC: endurance prospect

Yes, I see this coming as well.  Already seeing it in the different
>types> of horses doing difficult technical races versus flater, faster,
>races.> Jan >>>Yes, and Deb Bennett noted this divergence in type (she
related it >more to
>distance, with a difference in the racier 50-mile type and the more
>agile >100-mile type, but these flat desert 100's lean toward the
former, >too) >several years ago.

O.K.  tell me if I'm way off base, but I know the 2 types that excelled
in 50's and 100's respectively were basically lean, fast cooling machines
for 50's and horses with more substance and reserves for 100's.  Now, for
these flat, 100 mile racetracks with trucks driving alongside watering
the horses down, and carbos being shot down them for fuel, will it be the
classic 50 mile horse that's used?  If so, will there evolve two seperate
sports...those who can do 100 without outside help, and those who require
a support team?

 I noticed that even though Darolyn thought the constant help in the UAE
speeded her up, she said she'd prefer they didn't allow the outside
intervention.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.