Re: RC: sweepstakes horses

Sylvia,

Glad to hear you made money on Harca!

My feeling is that horses  who are either "original entries" or
nominated via "eligible sire" are less likely with a horse purchased
as an endurance prospect.  Proven horse, like Harca, maybe.

In terms of "the 'throw-away' who was nominated at birth"--as a
breeding entry he had to have been nominated *before* birth,
specifically by December 1 of the year before the birth.  You don't
know what you're gonna get, that's why it was such a gamble.

Lynne
who once lost the $300 breeding entry when the mare owner reneged on
the lease, and wasn't reimbursed