Pedigrees

In a message dated 02/05/2000 12:55:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
woa@stormnet.com writes:

<<  I'm wondering how many ridecampers out there honestly
 choose a horse largely on pedigree. >>

I DO! I am a preservation breeder. I select horses on what appeals to me as
well as a good pedigree. One thing you will find out on my farm is a
consistent look and consistent quality. And I can admire and like other
breeders and what they have but that does not mean that I will use their
stallion. It took me a few years to figure this out but when I did the foals
I am getting now are the best quality.  Bette, your stallion would never work
into my breeding program and one of the main reason is his pedigree and his
size. I can find stallions that I love and have the pedigree too, so why go
else where? If you notice people who are preservation breeders stay in the
business longer because they produce a consistent quality and not hodgepodge.
When you go to their farms you know what to expect because they have worked
hard on what is good and selected pedigrees that could give them that.

Maria Wallis
CMK Preservation Breeder