conventions

An avid convention goer myself. But not to the AERC but for work.. I mean no
offense here. I actually get quite tired of conventions. I am sorry. But
seminar after seminar I get tired. One of these days when I can I will go.
It will be after I have had a couple of years where work won't require me to
go. To some of you it can be a good tax write off. Just don't go wild out
there. Sorry Howard you can't use the $600 you spent at the BlackJack tables
as a loss or entertainment. I don't think ole Bill Clintons boys will
appreciate that.
  I have endured conventions at LasVegas, Nashville and Chicago. I just
found out there is a seminar and small convention in London this year and we
have respectfully declined that.(wouldn't you know it!)
  I have found some of the tradeshows very interesting and some of the
vendors are anxouis to get rid of stuff they don't feel like packing again
at a really good price.
  Some of the seminars we attend are sales, staff, and management based. The
most unusual seminar was on Sexual harrassment. But the eyeopener was on
Beastiallity. It left many people unable to enjoy a nice dinner that night.
Yes it was gross and the group that sponsored him was not back there last
year. The highlights are some of the contests for charity and the trade show
end the sponsor raffles off a few thousand dollars in equipment. I haven't
won anything (yet)
  Conventions are there to not only have fun and educate but give you a feel
of what is working in other areas as well. Yes it would be nice to hold it
in other places. But perhaps this is the only place they can have it that
will help pay for it.
Carla (i don't gotta go this year to vegas!!!)
Ansata (how about an oat despensing slot machine mom?)
Haley (move over i got some quarters from the across the street!)
Rob (honey Haley is beating up the neighbors horses again!)