Dutch Warmblood

After reading all the reactions to Bette's request for a Dutch Warmblood
mare for lease I feel I have to "defend" the Dutch Warmblood horse. Somebody
even asked if we ever rode "such a thing". I do not know if this person
realizes that there are more disciplines than endurance and also other horse
breeds than arabians. Dutch Warmbloods are the top performers world wide in
Dressage and show jumping and that certainly proves their quality.
I don't say I just like tall horses. I have a Arab x Mustang that I am
training for endurance, and he is 15.1 hh. That's the perfect size for what
I want from him, but I shouldn't enter a dressage show with him.
And just to make things clear: NO, my husband doesn't breed Dutch Warmblood
mares :)
Maria Berger
Texas