Re: RC: Dutch Warmblood

Hate to disappoint you, Kat, but they are leasing one of my purebred
mares and breeding her to my purebred 16.2hh stallion in hopes of
getting another 16hh otfspring; Classica (a First Class daughter) has
had one 16hh son by Hal already (WOA Moondoggie) and a 15.3hh daughter
by *Amsterdam (he was our purebred stallion from the Van Camp Estate).
They are originally from Europe and the husband has a fondness for Dutch
Warmbloods so they also want to breed a Dutch Warmbred stallion, who
stands near them, to a Dutch Warmblood mare this year so that the two
offspring can grow up together.
Now Dr. John Thomas (stood Ofir and Yatez, Witez' full brother) leased
an Oldenberg mare the year before last (after his repeated attempts to
breed one of the last of his Ofir line to Hal--she was too old) and did
exactly what you are talking about, but interestingly enough, not
because he wanted size, but because he was looking for a certain quality
to breed to Halynov and after a long search he found it in this
aristocratic mare. Said it was the best cross he ever produced; the mare
had exceptional quality. Needless to say, as an aside, the resulting
filly is absolutely huge and the apple of his eye.
I guess you can never assume anything, huh? Thanks for the tip about the
dressage publications.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!