Re: Dutch Warmblood - further defense

Over here in the UK one of the past national champions at endurance was a
trakherner cross anglo arab sally who also won the solstice 100 ride three
consecutive years. She looks like a warm blood but it dosnt stop her!

There are at least two other warmbloods competing here at top level,
Touchstone II who is a 100 miler and my friends horse Nellie who is 16 +hh
and was reserve National Gold ( thats race and above 500 milers) last year.

One previous Nat champ was a clysdale cross trotter pony called Bobby.
Another was a suffolk cross tB and the suffolk body type predominated. these
horses were by no means slow.

Yes Arabs do predominate in the sport numerically but if you compare the %
of Arabs to the % of non arabs, theres much less non arabs competing, but
strange to say they appear in the top level results. I think Im corect in
saying statistically this  proves that a non arab will do better than an
arab .

I feel it is ignorant to criticise people for choosing a differnet breed to
the excepted norm for endurance. I Love Arabs and would not crticise some
one for owning one, or comment on its merits I just dont want one myself. So
why should any one else criticise another choice?

Any way if we all wanted the same horse itd be damned expensive wouldnt it!

Tamara