Re: bitting questions (a little shorter but not much)

> Dory and I didn't really settle the issue until I switched
> from a french link to, of all things, a low port kimberwicke. The first time
> out she stopped pulling completely and I barely need to touch the reins.
> Turns out she has a very low roof to her mouth and jointed bits bother her.
> My gelding, on the other hand, dislikes the kimberwicke intensely and is
> happy as a clam with the french link.

This is more evidence that the school of thought that increases the
harshness of a bit based on pulling/tossing/etc. is flawed.  I like
having a choice of several bits to use because horses have their
preferences, but all of my options are essentially mild bits ... I
experiment laterally instead of vertically, I guess.

-Abby

--
* * *
Abby Bloxsom