Great American Horse Race 2001

Sarah Hunt Engsberg sarah.engsberg@mindspring.com
I am interested in information about the GAHR 2001.  I have seen it mentioned in two articles in different publications recently.  Is it a real ride? Will it be AERC sanctioned? Whom do I contact for ride info?  Does anyone have any suggestions as to ride strategy such as # of horses to take, how often to switch them out, do you pony extra horses or trailer them?  Will there be drivers available to move rigs from day to day?