RE: Saving Our Trails

<< Since that land is being developed, it doesn't sound like working
something out with the owners will do much to help now.  However, you could
have spoken out at a permit hearing about the need for open space and room
for equestrians.  There may be a web site with your county that lets you
know what permits are being asked for.  Once you identify the areas you like
to ride in, that will help you keep track of potential development.>>

I just joined a trails club in my area that is very active working with
developers via county offices to urge them to develop trails through their
land.  It may be too late - but worth checking out.  Here, developers get a
tax break if they keep some open spaces that can be used publicly.
Marlene