Re: RE: slaughter houses

Tamara wrote:

>You are correct and Ridecamp has my humblest apologies.  In my poor defense
I would have to say that my political correctness gene is misfiring.  I've
also been told that my public-duty gland is malformed and that I lack
sufficient moral fiber in my diet.>

But your funny bone is still in good working order!

>Therefore, I should like to retract the phrase "liberal whinny bedwetters"
and substitute "overweening high-handed dilettante weenies with an undue
assumption of superiority" for the phrase I used.>

Good move.  It would cover a larger base, as well.

I've been kind of avoiding this discussion, as my New Year's Resolution is
to Behave Myself On The Internet, and I thought I might as well start
practising.  But what the hell...

No, I haven't eaten a horse (although I have eaten Zebra - *gasp* - but then
Tom has called me a "nutritional pervert", which might explain it)  No, I'd
never send my horse to slaughter.  But then, I am in the enviable position
of

a)  having the land on which to bury my horses; and
b)  not having to worry overly about vet's bills as my vet and I work on the
"barter system" (I do his collections without charging a fee, he does the
same for my animals).

Would I judge anyone else who sent their horse to slaughter?  That depends
on the manner in which it was done.  My first question to that person would
be : Did you go and check out all of the facilities and see for yourself
exactly what was going to happen?  Are you 100% convinced that there will be
no unnecessary suffering on the part of your horse?  If you aren't, are you
still sure that this is the only alternative open to you, and can you in all
conscience do this thing?  If so, then there is nothing more to be said, is
there?  It is an educated choice which has been made.  Even if I believe it
is the wrong one.

It's those folk who tearfully wave bye-bye to the horse as it leaves in the
box, with absolutely no idea what is going to happen but hope that, by
blocking the whole thing out, it will all be okay, that really piss me off.

Okay : Flamethrowers ready...aim...fire!

Tracey