Re: RC: XP rides

Actually, from what we've been finding out, there is certainly not going to
be a problem getting feed along the way.  There are at least 54 feed stores
along the route.  I have store locator (website links) on the page Steph
put up on endurance.net.....anybody doing the ride might be well advised to
find out where all of these places are so their crews will know where to go
and what is coming up each week.  Can you tell I want everybody else to be
prepared too?  We'll all be much better off if we don't have to bail out
people who didn't plan ahead.  If you use a particular feed that is only
available in your area, you can plan to have it shipped to you.  Otherwise,
get your horses used to the types of feed that will be readily available
along the route.  I've got at least three feed manufacturers who have said
"tell us where you'll be and we'll make sure you have what you need".

There is one thing that I'm not sure about -- that's how beet pulp is
affected by humidity?  It's going to be summer time, and I know that here
in NV that it doesn't take long for soaked BP to start to get
rancid.   I've been using pellets (which are wonderful!), but they take
about 2-3 hours to soak.  I don't think that'll work very well if it's hot
and humid.  What do you guys think who live in more humid areas?