Equi-Jewell Rice Bran

Susan Vuturo needtoride@yahoo.com
Got some information for those of you out there using Equi-Jewell
Rice Bran.  My last batch of Equi-Jewell was a milk chocolate
color (instead of the normal cream color) and the consistency was
very grainy (instead of the normal powdery consistency).  Just
wanted to let everyone know that I did some checking with the
manufacturers and found out that the change in color and
consistency are the result of a newly harvested crop which
contained some long grain and wild rice.  They assured me that
the nutritional value and palatability was the same as always.
As you know, Equi-Jewell is the only rice bran that is stabalized
and has the correct ratio of calcium to phosphorus.