RE: Donna SS

This entire controversy is becoming quite interesting. Let's drop back to
the original statement made for DSS by a third party.

The exact statement was:

<<<<Your board of Directors no longer feels it can exchange advertising
space for the column's educational material.  It is with great regret that I
will therefore be unable to provide you with monthly input through this
informative column as I have the past two years.  The last monthly column
will appear in the December issue of "Endurance News." I will be
contributing a couple of special pieces in 2001.>>>>

In no way was the action of the Board of Directors of the AERC directed at
DSS. In no way has the Board rejected the articles by DSS. In no place or by
no action has there been any indication that DSS did any thing other than
tell the membership "unless I get free advertising I will not write articles
for the AERC News." It is regretful that one composer of short articles can
bring such controversy to an organization by confronting established
business principles.

It would do well if those persons discontent with the actions of the Board
spent just a portion of the time contributed by the Board members, and some
of the business advisors to the Board, in constructive actions rather than
complaints. As I mentioned in a past post, these volunteers are contributing
tens of thousands of dollars in services and expertise each year. And yet
some few of you care to complain about the loss of a freebie to the author
of an article each month. How would you feel if Russ and Mike declined to do
the "On Line" ride results or Steph decided shee need recompense for the
AERC Home page, or consider the loss of Vicki Rutter's business expertise.

It is time the membership took a true interest in the functioning of this
organization. If they did there would be no complaints such as have been
expressed over the DSS minor incident.

Bob Morris