DSS and the COSTS

Lets see- the DSS take up 2 pages - that takes up space for 8  -- 1/4
page ads - so we drop the article, get up to 8 new ads, and one more for
the DSS ad that gets dropped.
So replace education with ads - nice policy
Randy - the policy is not sound.

Many professional and educational publications PAY for articles written
by professionals - with a business.

Say a Vet writes a great article, great - we all learn, but in the bio -
it states he has an equine practice in Podunk,MN. OPS - this may be in
violation? We just gave a free one liner business plug.
PICKY you say? So is the current policy.

I wonder just how much a national level publication like EQUUS or THE
HORSE pays for these type of articles? Do they have a trade for service
policy? You can bet a Vet does NOT write (publish) for free every time
he provides an article to a 'for business' publication. Nor do horse
trainers. Lets ask John Lyons or Pat Parreli (sp)  to DONATE a column
each month. Makes no difference THEY are all professionals(JL,PP,DSS).
They get paid for what then know and are willing to pass on to us. FREE
stuff comes from those who are working on a position, doing a
probono(sp) service, and waiting for the day WHEN they too can get paid
for what they know and do. Suggest you look at a few of the endurance
riders turned writer, I do not see any free articles by them. Only ads
to buy their books.

ON the subject of -
Sponsors? Now what about the NHSF a major sponsor, I see we have LOST
them correct? - LOTS of sponsor dollars here. We need to make up that
loss  somehow?? One qtr page at a time?

Any reason WHY we lost this really big sponsor? Anyone doing anything to
get them back?

At the current time the 1/4 ads cost the advertiser $135 per month. What
is the ACTUAL cost to AERC. Since I am SURE we  don't get ads at COST,
AERC makes money.

 So the fiscal policy and financial condition of AERC cannot afford LESS
then $135 per month for an educational article?

Just a  few more issues that really do not seem to make sense to me.
Roger Rittenhouse