Re: Re: electric fencing

In the past 20 years, I have done a lot of trailriding and I have seen horse
contained and tied up many different ways. And in my experience I have seen
more horses hurt by being tied up then any other method. I have seen a lot
of electric corrals and I have yet to see a horse hurt by this method.

I am not saying that it can not happen, just that I have yet to see it.

Lynette Helgeson
in ND, were I think that come spring the rest of the nation is going to have
to dig out the whole state of ND if it does not quit snowing!!!!

> There have been quite a few accidents in ridecamps involving electric
> fencing, one I remember from years ago, several horses ran through their
> electric corral and ran through camp destroying other setups and causing a
> stampede. The stampede contiued out into the forest and several horses
were
> killed (on a cliff ). Every time I go to Tevis there is someone who
arrives
> late , puts up some of that tape, then puts four horses into their
"corral",
> and then we all proceed to catch loose horses all night. JMHO but,
electric
> fencing at rides and public situations is an accident waiting to happen.
The