Rider Education - AERC Drug Rule and permissable substances

p.s. this is not an all-encompassing list :

Permissible substances (preceding and during competition):
*vitamins
*minerals
*electrolytes
*liniments that do not contain materials absorbed into the body (alcohol and Absorbine)
*foodstuffs known as nutrients
*nonabsorbable topical wound dressings
*alcohol
*ice and ice water
*compounds to synchronize estrus

Nonpermissible substances include:
*any substance by injection or stomache tube
*vitamins in megadoses
*nutrient substances administered in doses to achive a pharmacologic effect (DMSO, DMG, yucca and MSM)
*any anti-inflammatory, stimulus, depressants, analgesia, or analgesia-containing products such as procaine penicillin
*antihistaminic
*vasoactive
*bronchodilator
*masking substances (sulpha drugs, benzimadole wormers, thiamine injections)
*dipyrone
*lazix
*trimethoprim
*liminments that contain DMSO, menthol or camphor
*E-SE injections