RE: Re: pulses and gut sounds

>>But the gut sounds where my concern. She did not want to eat at the
v-checks. My last loop I was very worried about her. Some one said give her
probiotics it will give her gut sounds. I just don't want to give her gut
sounds, I want them to work properly. So when I reached a big field down the
trail, I pulled her off and let her graze for 20 minutes. At the next creek
we paused for a while and she drank real good. I put her bit back in and off
we went.>>

I would bet that it was the rest and drink that did the trick. Once the
demand from the muscles subsided, the rest of the system could
get it's share of blood flow. The eating might help a little, but
it's a while before the grass is converted to energy. Anybody
know to what degree eating will stimulate gut activity?
I think the probiotics have their place, but I can NOT understand how
they could effect a 'quick fix'.

Steph