Re: RC: Re: Milage vs. LD

In a message dated 10/14/2000 7:11:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rainbow@montana.com writes:

<< I guess that I do not see your point , 25 miles is not endurance so why
 should it count as lifetime miles ? I move cows for 25 miles some days ,
 why shouldn't that count ? All it is , is a training/learning ride , that's
 it . I don't get my milage counted when I train , so why should an LD er ? >>

You are side stepping the real issue here. What you are saying makes no sense
to me. I do 40 mile training rides and never expect to get credit for that. I
am not in an AERC sanctioned ride and have paid fees etc. But, when LD riders
pay the same fees, the same annual fee as everyone else, go thru the same vet
criteria etc. do you mean to tell me they should not get the same privliges
as everyone else? Miles is miles period!  If I were a LD rider then I might
as well just stay home, save my money, and just do 25 mile "training rides"
forever at home then, since I don't get any credit for it. You may not care
about the further growth, fairness, or incentives to AERC , but I do.
And please don't try to convince me that 25 miles is no effort to all horses.
That is a bunch of BS! But hey, you are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

Just curious . . you still haven't given me a logical reason as to why LD
miles can't go toward the lifetime miles of the horse? You keep saying
"because it is not endurance" and that is not a logical reason. It is simply
a rule/ defination and your own opinion.
Endurance orginally started as 100 miles then over time evolved into the
shorter distances. The defination of endurance has changed with time and is
not set in stone.
Robyn