Re: change of subject

In a message dated 10/11/2000 2:19:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<< Robyn:

 I am interested in your comment<<<AERC's role should be to first educate
 their riders and
 provide more FEI level rides in America so we will have "practice and
 comfort" at that level of competition.>>>

 In what way would you suggest the AERC implement this? in addition what do
 you perceive as "that level of competition"?

 To my mind there is no difference in the level of competition. The
 competition is still against the trail. We all have the ability to train for
 the trail. The only difference is the commitment to the training and
 conditioning.

Bob,
I have competed endurance at the local level, and hope to one day ride at the
International level. So, my suggestions are purely based on observation, not
by experience or knowledge at this International level. Therefore, my
thoughts may be way off base.
In previous posts it was stated that FEI level rides in America are few and
far in between. Would the Olympics be sanctioned under FEI rules? If so, then
it would do nothing but benefit US riders and vets to ride and familiarize
themselves with FEI sanctioned rides. To me it would be a scary thought to
ride an FEI sanctioned ride at a World Games or Olympics with having very
little exposure to the rules and ways of FEI level rides.
One thing that concerns me in my observation of the higher level
International rides is the high pull ratio tendency. I know there are a lot
of variables, but you wouldn't think that the experience of these riders and
horses at these levels would normally have high pull rates at all. This tells
me that everyone, (not just the US), wouldn't hurt from education that is
seriously lacking out there. I think until we all ( the world of endurance as
a whole) comes together and is more educated, then maybe the pull rates will
dimish on all levels. Then perhaps we can start speaking "Olympics"?
Robyn