Re: RC: RE: worlds youngest rider

In a message dated 10/10/2000 12:12:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Magnumsmom@aol.com writes:

<< It may be that the kid already knows he wants to ride,
 and if so, he's one lucky kid on this planet!  I know I
 knew.  I think it's a genetic defect... >>

You understand!!!  My earliest memory was about age 4, and I pined for a
horse.  In those days, my folks simply could not afford a horse, but after
WW2, my father scraped up $150 to buy me a horse (by this time I was 12).  My
mother persuaded him that I NEEDED a horse; for the responsibility and for
the companionship.  He was sure that after about 3 months, I would tire of
the horse, and then what would he do with it?  I took that horse into my
marriage, and I have not been without one or more horses ever since.  Before
my own horse, I used to worship the sight of the neighbor's horse, and even
his hoofprints in the softened asphalt of the road that went by my home.  The
kids in school gave me horsey nicknames and I drew horses every moment I
could, including in the classroom.  (I did, however, keep up my grades).
Love of horses, when started that young, is something you just don't "get
over".  You don't even know when, or how, it started.  It must be programmed
into one's whole being.

Barbara