Endurance Breeding

I really don't think you can credit recent breeding for endurance ability.
It's the desire and willingness to win - be out in front and live.  Survival
of the fittest.  We had a POA stallion who had it and so did his get.  When
you traced his lineage you found lots of old Arab bloodlines but the name
that came up the most was Borkaan.  Now there was a real working, doing
Arabian.  Off and on years ago I endurance rode a daughter of our POA
stallion.  She was 53" and I am 5'8".  The first vet to meet her at a ride
thought she should have had a ten year old on her.  His way of telling me I
was too big for her.  I didn't know any ten year olds that could handle her.
She had to stay in camp until everyone was out of sight or she would go right
over the top of them.  The vet anxiously waited at base camp for this poor
overloaded POA to come in.  In the end he walked away in disgust because she
was in such fine shape and ready for more.  That was endurance breeding and
I'll give the credit to Borkaan.  Fast, no nonsense walk, ground covering and
comfortable trot and an absolute burning desire to be in front.  By the way,
I still like um closer to the ground.  Easier to get on in my dotage.

Kathleen & Danny (the 14-1 qh with attitude!)