Re: RC: RE: Re. Sac. sale, "bred for endurance"?

In a message dated 10/11/00 7:52:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kathy_mayeda@atce.com writes:

<< To a certain extent, all Arabians have
 the genetic potential to compete in endurance.

However, due to really crappy breeding priorities - halter, EP, etc., not all
Arabians DO truly have the conformation suitability or even the ability to do
so anymore. Years ago - I won't say how MANY lest I be dated - Arabian halter
classes were Model/Breeding classes, and posing was never even considered let
alone trained. They were stood in such a way that the judge could easily see
clean throatlatches, smooth conformation, quiet temperament, clean legs, and
lovely but not freaky type. There as no such thing as whipping, since
over-animation was not done. I would perish the idea of trying to cover even
25 miles on many of today's 'champions'. Conversely, these 'breeders' and
trainers want no part of our classic athletic and well-built Arabians.