Re: Endurance Breeding

----- Original Message -----
From: <KYielding@aol.com>
> I really don't think you can credit recent breeding for endurance ability.
<snip>> you traced his lineage you found lots of old Arab bloodlines but the
name > that came up the most was Borkaan.

'Arabian' is arguably some of the oldest breeding there is, and for *many*
(1000-2000?) years subject to the most extreme culling process possible....
until they came out of the Nejd, some breeders bred and culled stringently,
some didn't, (insert long Preservationist Speech), and many (most??) have
their own standards, needs and goals...  (insert second long Preservationist
Speech)

Borkaan is no surprise.  He is extremely old breeding. He is a 1937
Kuhaylan-Krush. Al Khamsa and at least half Davenport. Four of his
great-grandparents are the imports *Muson, *Jedah, *Hamrah and *Werdi. His
sire line looks like OLD Egyptian/Crabbet (Sheik Obeyd?).  Grand Old Stuff!!

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/
Oriah Mountain Dreamer is a Native American elder who writes,
    "It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what
you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. I
want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to
hide it or fade it or fix it. I want to know if you can be alone with
yourself, and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.