Re: RC: Re: RE: Strategy Feed and Quicksilver

> I agree with this. There are a lot of things that can be expensive with
> horses, but the very least expensive thing is getting it right the first
> time. If that costs a little more up front, so be it. Once you know you
have
> a solid, consistent base ration working for you, then you have the freedom
> explore other things. If the base ration isn't right, or consistent, then
> looking at anything else is just windmill tilting.
>
> ti

Yup.  I once figured that I was spending maybe two hours a week tinkering
around with a bit more of this, and a bit less of hat to get everything
balanced the way I was happy.  Even if were working for minimum wage (which
I'm not), that's $40-50 more a month in "costs".  It was fun for awhile, but
I rarely do it anymore, time is better spent elsewhere.  And even after all
that tinkering, the difference between my commodities ration and the
commercial ration wouldn't have made a damn bit of tangible difference in
health or performance.

So my advice is spend the resources wisely and go spend the extra time in
the saddle or reading a non-fiction book.

susan g