Mystery Lameness Problem

Kerry Redente kerry.redente@po.state.ct.us
I'm not a guest, I regularly subscribe to ridecamp but I'm having trouble posting my previous message.  So I'm trying it this way.
Here's my dilema:

I need some advice.  I have a 3 ½ yr. old Arabian colt who has been having inconsistent lameness problems for almost a year now.  I have had 3 vets, a chiropractor (also using acupuncture), and message therapist look at him, even my farrier making sure all hoof angles are even.  I've had his knees, hocks, and stifles x-rayed, everything is fine.

Here's the problem, my horse, Cougar will short stride with the right front leg at a jog, improves when trotting out, his right hind also seems to track to the outside, almost as if he's swinging it around rather than bringing it directly under him.  The chiropractor did find that his right hip was slightly out of alignment, pushed down and forward out of position.  He moved it back into alignment, he thought it might have accounted for him swinging the hind leg.  Cougar did to improve his movement in the hind end but continued to short stride in the front.  After the chiropractor visit this May, I gave Cougar time off completely until about a month ago.  Now before you all start yelling at me, I don't ride Cougar that much.  Ring work for about 20-30 minutes a couple times a week and some short trail rides.  Cougar doesn't always short stride in the front either.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern of lameness either.  Now I should mention that Cougar is still a stud colt, at least until this Friday, and is out with a gelding.  I see them playing a lot and Cougar does rear up and stand on his hind legs.  Could he be making himself sore?  I have found that when I cinch him up, he's sore in the girth area and between the front legs.

What should I do?  I'm sick of the vets, each one saying something different.  Do you think its muscular?  Should I continue back with the message therapy and maybe even the chiropractor again?  I've also have had Cougar on Corta-Flex and MSM  Didn't seem to help.  Has anyone had this problem with their horse and found the solution?  I really need advice because I don't know what to do at this point.  Any suggestions or comments would be helpfull.  Please feel free to email me privately: kerry.redente@po.state.ct.us

Kerry Redente
West Suffield, CT