RE: Re. Sac. sale, "bred for endurance"?

> What do you consider to be "endurance
breeding"?

Becky, I hope that the endurance breeding continues to grow.  I don't
think that the specific endurance performance issue is as well developed
in our breeding programs as the Russians and Polish are for racing
Arabs, for example.

Endurance miles right now just reflects that the horses were competed
in endurance successfully.  To a certain extent, all Arabians have
the genetic potential to compete in endurance.

I have another questions that was going through my mind.....

There are those that would go out of their way to buy a horse from
your region for endurance.  Others would just buy the local (California)
bred horse.  My thinking is that the California bred horse, specifically,
the byproduct of the declining halter breeding market, is the faster
horse for moderate rides, and that a mountain bred horse is more "handier"
and can handle the more technical, rocky, hairier trails with ease.

I have a tall leggy horse with halter breeding, mostly Polish/Russian with
a touch of Crabbett.  I see the smaller, handier Arabs just slink downhills
over rough ground as if they were water.  I have to keep my big racer
really compressed so that he doesn't fall on his face!  But he can blow
a lot of horses away on a big, clear uphill gallop.  Just don't make me
steer tight corners!