RE: Re. Sac. sale, "bred for endurance"?

Good point.  We had discussions earlier this year regarding
a statistical rundown of winning endurance horses ancestors.
My point was then, and still is now, is that a lot of the
names that pop up in endurance pedigrees are the same names
that pop up out of other breeding programs (read "halter").
A good horse is a good horse no matter what the pedigree
is, and everyone has a different definition of their ideal
horse, huh?

Also, what kinda struck me is that the Sacramento sale
was rather a small gathering compared to other horse
related events.  And being that endurance horses do not
quite catch the same price ranges as dressage/hunter/jumper/
racers, and person breeding for endurance is most likely
doing it for the love of breeding and the sport and/or
being able to cut down their overhead by simple geography.
(e.g. not here in California where a two bedroom shack can
sell for a million bucks!)  So figure the numbers:  small
percentage of horsie people being endurance riders and
an even smaller percentage of endurance riders that are
breeders of endurance horses.....  Doesn't leave a whole
lot left in the gene pool if you stick by plain endurance
performance standards.

And then there are some horses that were so good at
throwing good get that they never left the breeding
facility to put in the endurance miles.  Doesn't mean
that their get can't be great endurance horses as you
well pointed out.

Okay, won't bore you anymore either!!!  Thanks for
letting me ramble.

K.