Re: Re: Re: re: worlds youngest rider

I best clarify here  and then I will forever hold my peace(on this subject anyway!) Overweight and diabetes are epidemic right now amongst our children...and it is directly linked to their lack of physical activity...Children are dying of diseases which were, not too long ago, reserved just for the elderly...What I am saying is---it can be just as dangerous for a child to sit safe and sound in their house as it can be to ride a horse 25 miles...

----- Original Message -----
From: Sandy Bolinger
To: Karen Sullivan ; Lif Strand
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 4:11 PM
Subject: RC: Re: Re: re: worlds youngest rider

risks my kids took at three(or there abouts) with my blessings---rode horses, rode tricycles(on rutted, dirt roads), bounced on trampoline, slept outside in tents on the tops of mountains in raging lightening storms,played with giant dogs,learned to ski,slept in bunk beds,drove go carts,went boating,played around camp fires,fished...what they might have done if I was scared to let them do anything:  stayed in the house playing video games..got really fat...got diabetes....became depressed...put on Ritalin--- put on Prozac...with valium as a chaser...GO CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!