Re: RC: Toddlers

At 02:11 PM 10/10/00, beth glover wrote:
>If the Medical staff member (Doctor, Nurse, Psychologist, of Social
>Worker) SUSPECTED that it was an innappropriate or potentially dangerous
>situation that the kid had been put in, they would be mandated by law to
>report their suspicions to Child Protective services, who are mandated by
>law to investigate.

WARNING:  Sarcasm and opinion follows!

Here it is, 1984, Brave New World, where Big Brother is going to protect us
all from having a life.

I watched my brother in law playing with one of his sons last year - he is
such a great dad!  The kid decided to do a flip and wound up with a
dislocated shoulder.  Dad got the 3rd degree at the hospital.  Social
worker and all that.  Normal - healthy - situation made into a dangerous
one.  A situation where now a child has been traumatized by the Powers that
Be - seeing his dad treated as if he was an abuser was NOT a pretty picture
for the kid.  ("How did this happen, son?  Did your daddy maybe twist your
arm?  Does your daddy hit you?"  Give me a break!)

What's wrong with this picture?  Well, I happen to be one of those people
who think that maybe being protected isn't always worth sacrificing
freedom.  Why should we accept being considered guilty before proven
innocent?  Gee - isn't there something like that in our Constitution or
somewhere? Lif

             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html