Hay prices

At 09:31 PM 10/6/00, Maggie wrote:
>I started feeding beet pulp a couple of years ago to supplement hay (it
>was expensive that year...$3-5 a bale!)

I really *really* REALLY hope you mean $3-5 per 50 lb bale and not larger
100 lb bales, because otherwise I'm going to get really envious and turn
green or something.  Right now we can get $3.80/50 lb bale (delivered, in
bulk) for straight Rio Grande Valley grown alfalfa (horse grade).  However
we are looking into buying a sample bale of half ton grass/alfalfa square
bales for a mere $40.  Unless these are totally crappy moldy hay, they will
be the steal of the century!  Unfortunately we don't have any heavy
equipment here to move them, so that would be a challenge!  Lif

             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html