Re: RC: Re: beet pulp

In a message dated 10/05/2000 7:58:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I sure talk to an awful lot of people about beet pulp >>

Dear Susan,
Just curious . . . from my understanding Beet Pulp is the by product of sugar
cane?
How then would this be a nutritious staple to the horse's diet? Do horse's
get a sugar high from this stuff or am I way off base? I know the calcium
ratio is really on the high side. . . way higher than even Alfalfa hay. I
read your article in this month's EN about helping horse's to gain weight.
You said Beet Pulp can be fed up to 50% dry 2 weight of the ration.  I have
always been leery of Beet Pulp for my above concerns (perhaps I just do not
know what I do not know). I would much appreciate it if you wouldn't mind
clearing up these concerns before I start feeding it to my mare to help her
gain weight.
Thanks in advance!
Robyn