Ponies on the Trail??

Susan Johnson sjthephoto@aol.com
hey Ridecampers!  I am hoping to get some feedback from those who may of been there.....

I took my daughter (8) on the Cuneo Creek fun ride (10 miles), her first ride.  She really liked it, had a great time and is looking foreward to more.  She rode her 11.2hh pony who did the 10 miles just fine, with about 2 months of conditoning  (it took us 3.5 hours for the ride).  She was foot sore at the end, but then, she didn't wear shoes either.

We've decided that the pair should be able to compete with Pony Club for another year, but what do you think of such a little pony doing a 25?  If we were to start conditioning now, we might be some where for a slow 25 in about 6 months, or should we even bother?

I'd love to get a bigger pony for her, but right now, the funding isn't good.

Any thoughts???

Susan