Re: bits, like opinions, everyone has a few...

I have 'evolved' to using a pelham on my head strong horses.. matter of
lessons learning, reading and listening.  I use 2 reins.. one is short and
east to get to 'in case of emergency' and it is on the shank... the other,
longer English style.. is on the snaffle part.. as long as horse is
behaving, it doesn't get the shank.  Works on my stallion.. but do have to
watch for rearing.. had that last week... but after 3 episodes of extra
work, he decided it was better to walk between 2 mares in heat and only
'nicker' quietly...   Mary Ann