Re: RC: RE; Pedigree re: PASB Amurath-Sahib

Hi Tom
Yes, I believe Aries went down when most of the other great breeders did
(unless they had enough money from other sources) when the tax
credit/depreciation allowance was eliminated. Also about the same time,
the scandal came out in the Horse Express about Gene Lacroix rigging the
auctions and Nationals-halter. The Arabian market plummeted.
Unfortunately I've learned the hard way that there is very little
correlation between having a great stallion who is an even greater
producer and the owners reaping much financial gain from it. Sorry your
friends took such a beating, but at least they had the satisfaction of
knowing they were breeding quality; sometimes that is the only thing
that keeps us breeders going.
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!

Bette

"guest@endurance.net" wrote:

> tom sites goearth@shentel.net
> Hello,  I am very familair with the Amurath-Sahib lineage and admire it very much.  He was the greatgrandfather of a horse that was at one time the head sire of Tersk and called thwe horse of the century by the person (alex P).  My friends from Aries Arabians bought Menes in the early 80's and lost millions and even tho his get won star worlds and other events they lost money.  I have a Menes son out of the mare Dark Eyes a former us and canadian English pleasure mare.  She was considered Bask's most beautiful daughter and even tho i haven't seen her other sons Galahadd by Alladain  and Poraschai by Pesniar i believe Dickens is a good sire.  Menes was sold to Europeans and his first foal crop won 3 of 4 championships a sires get could win in Paris.  I don't know what he's doing now.  Thos this lineage didn't always excell in the show ring I've sold and placed a bunch of show culls to the endurance realm and they all have good resting pulse rates and quick recoverys.  They ar!
e !