Re: RC: Re: hay feeders

In a message dated 1/23/00 12:27:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dshelton@cyberhighway.net writes:

<< Another thing to consider according to our local vet/equine dentist, is
that
 the head down while chewing is a more natural alignment of the teeth. Look
 slightly up, then tilt your head down, notice the change in the relation of
 the top jaw to the bottom jaw. My equine dentist claims that always eating
 with their head up causes un-natural wear patterns on the horses teeth. >>

This is very true, Cheryl.  In addition, eating "up" causes improper muscle
development in the neck and increases the risk of respiratory problems from
inhaling dust or debris from the hay.

Heidi