Re: Putting on a dual sanctioned FEI ride

Michael et al;
Attached is a letter I sent to Jim Mitchell and someone else (I forget who
at the moment) re: what I have done so far with regard to FEI sanctioned
ride.

To answer your questions specifically - see CAPS below

Barbara Holmes-Balmer
Secretary Treasurer, ERABC http://www.img.net/erabc/
Ride Manager, Ride Over the Rainbow
Kelowna, B.C.

----------
| From: Michael Maul <Michael.Maul@nsc.com>
| To: ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
| Subject: RC:  Putting on a dual sanctioned FEI ride
| Date: September 27, 2000 3:50 PM
|
| After I posted the note this morning about a SE ride not going to
sanction for
| FEI after all - I have received several notes on the topic. This was for
the
| on-line ride calendar.
|
| I believe that if we are to have FEI rides in the coming season - we need
| to address the issues below or there will continue to be RMs not putting
on
| FEI rides.
|
| Ride managers are trying to decide now whether to have a regular/FEI ride
| in the 2001 season.  I may be wrong but there does not seem to be a clear
| statement of what is required to do this - extra costs - additional rules
-
| how it affects the regular ride....
THE CUT OFF DATE FOR APPLICATION TO FEI IS OCTOBER 1 (MOST LIKELY THAT
WOULD BE WAIVED, AFTER ALL THEY WANT US TO PUT THEM ON).  SANCTION FEE IS
NO MORE THAN 500 SWISS FRANCS (ABOUT $250 US. ADDITIONAL RULES ARE LISTED
IN MY ATTACHMENT.  NO NEED TO AFFECT THE REGULAR RIDE AT ALL - IN FACT IT
ENHANCES IT!
| My suggestion would be to have a RM who has been thru the process - or
one
| who understands it very well - put up a balance sheet of income/expenses
| and clearly show the additional costs for a dual sanctioned ride. And
show
| how you might determine the additional costs you have to charge for the
| FEI entries.
AM NOT IN A POSITION TO POST A BALANCE SHEET YET.  MY ATTACHMENT NOTED WHAT
ADDITIONAL COSTS THERE WILL BE FOR ME AND RIDE OVER THE RAINBOW SPONSOR,
ERABC.

|                   AERC                   FEI
| Sanction fee      $xxx                   $yyy
| Vet
| Facilities
| HOPE THIS HELPS.  DON'T HESITATE TO ASK QUESTIONS - I'LL TRY TO ANSWER
THEM!

| Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
| Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp

How to FEI for Jim Mitchell (Microsoft Word Document)