Re: what to do with a runaway?

A recently lost horse has given me a reason to ask this question.  FYI this horse has been lost 6 days and counting.

If you are endurance riding in a remote area and an accident occurs where the rider becomes separated  from his/her horse, what is the best way to catch the horse
Personally, I would have ridden after the horse, several hundred feet behind until the horse finally quit running.  I always have a halter on under the bridle (a la Back Country Horsemen) which would have been helpful to tie either horse, especially since the runaway had a broken bridle.

*Not that it will help here.......but all mine have their own halter/bridles with a dog tag with my phone #