Re: RC: Re: RC Three important questions to think about

--- Michelle Fink <michrowe@frontier.net> wrote:
> > 2.  When/or if your overtired gelding collapses
> and
> > falls off the trail, do you treat him with bute or
> > Banamine without a vets opinion?
>
> What is the correct answer to this

The correct answer to this is to NEVER give drugs to a
dehydrated horse and I will assume that this injured
horse was dehydrated.  Best to treat dehydration first
and then evaluate before using drugs.  That's how I
see it in our hospitalized human patients.

Apparently riders discussed these questions (that I
paraphrased as I heard them second hand) all day
during the ride.  What a great way to educate riders
and get their brains wrapped around some important
thoughts by discussing the questions on Saturday night
when awards are given (or before awards are given,
depending on how long it takes the vets to decide on
best condition...:) ).

She