Re: Re: RC Three important questions to think about

> > >1.  What do you do when/or if you get your horse
> out
> >of his trailer at a ride and you see hard feces
> coated
> >with mucus?
> >2.  When/or if your overtired gelding collapses and
> >falls off the trail, do you treat him with bute or
> >Banamine without a vets opinion?
> >3.  When help gets to your injured, fallen off the
> >side of the trail horse, do you tell him that you
> have
> >given any medications?
> >
> >Think about it.  Important stuff to know.  Shall we
> >discuss it?
>
> I'm probably going to display my ignorance here, but
> I'm keen to learn, so
> please correct me if I'm wrong:
>

> 1.  Check to see if the horse has eaten from his hay
> net.  Check hydration.
> Offer him water.  Check his colour and temp and
> pulse.  Call the vet, and
> walk the horse while I waited for the vet to arrive.
>
> 2.  I use nothing until the vet's been : don't want
> to mask symptoms.  Just
> keep him quiet.
>
> 3.  I don't use meds, but yes, I'd tell him if I
> had.
>

> Tracey

Tracey you are right as rain, as far as I am
concerned.  I appreciate your willingness to enter
into this discussion.  My sister told me about this
ride and she lectured me on the above questions and we
discussed the answers the vet was seeking.  I thought
it was a pretty positive way to teach the hard to
reach.

=====
She

"Dance like noone's watching."