Riding in the Fog-Light

I live on the coast and it's foggy here a lot... I love it!  Recently on a
familiar mountain trail the fog cover was so dense I lost my sense of
direction and it was like riding in a new place.  My horse was dancing and
blowing - I think she was loving it.  The ocean was crashing and moonlight
through the fog was eerie.  We were soaked though it wasn't raining in the
usual sense.  Coyote was singing and fog seems to magnify and carry sounds.
Moisture in the air brings out the earthy smells.  I wish we could ride like
that every night.  Peaceful and exhilarating at the same time.  A powerful
experience.  An accident.  You just can't plan a ride like that - but
another moon will come along and you can always shoot for another lucky
night.

Our fog is rarely chest deep, but if you climb high you can sometimes ride
above it - very cool to look down on the fog sitting low in the canyons.
I'd agree - fog has a life of it's own!

Tina Rushing  tinarushing@coastside.net
El Granada, CA

Barb wrote:  ... Last nite was one of the best rides I've ever had.  Dense
Fog and a full moon... Fog is weird..alive almost... it was like riding in a
cloud, chest deep on my horse...