African Horse Sickness

Hope all non-South Africans will forgive me for posting this to Ridecamp, but I was hoping to get as much response as possible, and I know there can't just be me and Celeste who subscribe to RC (can there?)

I was just wondering the following:

1.  When are you going to put your horses into horse sickness?  During my SJ / DQ days, it wasn't an issue as there is no real season to speak of, and last eventing season, I only came in at the end.  I've always preferred to put them in at the beginning of September.

2.  How do you condition whilst they're in HS?

3.  Have you had any problems conditioning while in HS or just after?

Thanks,
Tracey