Re: Re: DEPRESSED GELDING

Dear Heidi,

>Not sure how my name got into this discussion...  :-)>

Me, neither.

>While I am loathe to use the needle until all else has been exhausted as
well, there ARE times
when there is sufficient indication for more drastic means.  Tracey, it
sounds to me that your gelding represents one of those times...  <sigh>  And
it doesn't sound as if your vet is waving the syringe around proclaiming a
cure for everyone's little behavioral woes, either--sounds like he has
considered the case, knows the horse, and has finally come to this.  All
drugs have side effects, and far too many drugs get used without considering
those side effects at all, or weighing the benefits against the risks.  But
for every drug, there DOES come (in some case, somewhere) the point where
the benefits DO outweigh the risks, and you need to make a choice.>

Does this mean I can say "neener neener neener"  (Love that expression!
Dying to use it in Court one day.  Can you picture the magistrate's face?)

Tracey