Re: RE: RE: Re: RE: Chiropractors

Hi, Kathy,

>The equine chiropractor I work with has a veterinary degree.  I have no
problem with that.  You are jumping to conclusions.>

I apologise.  Unfortunately, I've just seen way too many "chiros" with zero
qualifications and it scares me that they are allowed to fool around with a
horse's anatomy.

>The way you worded it, it sounded like they based their treatment on your
feedback only, and that they would stop if it hurted.  Maybe I
misunderstood.>

Seems to be a malady we share :-)

>Okay.  I don't pretend I can change your mind.>

Oh, c'mon.  Think of it as a challenge!  Actually, and this will come as a
surprise to many, I know, I am open-minded, and will listen to lots of
different POVs and read all sorts of crap (waded through the "birdie theory"
even).  It just takes desperation (like with the dP) or overwhelming
evidence to inveigle me into subjecting me or my horse to something which I
regard as a bit drastic, or possibly, if done incorrectly, harmful.

>No, no where did I say there was a difference in ANATOMY between the
countries.  You are projecting something that's not there. I think that your
bad experience with chiropractic care may have something to do with lack of
qualifications of that particular chiropracter.  We have professional
licensing standards
to cover this, although there are those that practice outside of the
licensing standards.  I was just referring to difference in licensing laws.>

I took offence where none was intended.  Sorry.

Unfortunately, we are a country of anarchists, and "licensing laws" here are
a bit of a joke.  You haven't heard the latest?  South African Airways
pilots BOUGHT their licences to fly those big jumbo jets.  Now don't that
make you want to clock up some voyager miles?  Having said that, our
practitioners here who are properly qualified could easily hold their own
with the best in the world.  Hence my confidence in my vet.

Tracey