Re: RC: RE: AERC & International & FEI

dearab@horsecom.net writes:

<< >How long before endurance
 >becomes another fatality in the "keeping up with the Smythe-Joneses"
 >mentality?

 I don't think it will, if for no other reason than that it's way too hard. >>

On the other hand, one already sees it to some degree in the tack
department--horses decked out with all kinds of gizmos (I'm not talking about
monitors and stuff here, although there is a degree of that as well when the
complexity of the on-board "systems" exceeds the ability of the user to
interpret the data provided)--some horses look like walking advertisements
for various tack companies, with color-coordinated "everything" and the
rationale that so-and-so uses this and such-and-so uses that, etc.--but no
one ever asked so-and-so WHY they use this or that on a particular horse.
Each gizmo has its use, in the right time and place, but becomes one more
thing to rub, chafe, or hang up when used improperly and thoughtlessly on a
horse that doesn't need it.  And most of 'em don't need most of the gizmos!

Heidi