Re: RC: Re: Mold on grass hay

Thanks for all the feedback on this issue!    Here's what I got back after
forwarding all your emails:

>I don't know how long I'll be able to stay online tonight since there's
>lightening all around us - so,
>please accept this 'group thank you' for your opinion about the
>questionable hay.  (Lif:  A special thanks
>to you for going to all the trouble of asking your other friends!)
>My gut feeling was not to feed it, and you all reinforced it.  (I returned
>a bale to the guy I got it from and picked up a few more bales - that
>looked perfectly fine on the outside - you don't know it's moldy until you
>break open the bales - and some of them are just fine.  He told me,
>"sometimes they're dusty from the pollen" - I broke open a random flake
>that happened to have a clump of mold in the center and told him, "this is
>not pollen - this is what mold looks like.")
>I was prepared to buy 3 tons of grass hay from this guy, but I'm going
>elsewhere.  I hope he's not allergic to 'pollen'!

             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html