Re: RC: Re: Mold on grass hay

In a message dated 9/7/00 6:48:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, celiak@pcrs.net
writes:

<< That cough (sorry Scientific Great
 Ones, don't know the terminology) never gets healed. >>

COPD--chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.  Yep, I've had two of my own
with that in my life, was able to manage the first one and endurance ride
her, but only by wetting virtually every mouthful of hay she ate of any sort,
and the second one came around without meds by switching to alfalfa
completely (he is a 25-year-old stallion that I just got last year, so riding
is not an issue).  But they are lucky ones, not too far advanced.  The bad
ones don't get better.  And that's just ONE of the risks of moldy hay....

Heidi