Re: RC: Calling All LD Riders

At 08:46 AM 08/24/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>This is a calling to all LD riders within the Nevada riding area.  You must
>support the Silver Point to Point LD ride on Friday  Nove 24.  It is being
>put on for  our benefit.

Donna, donna donna......<G>  you mean for your benefit?  They haven't done
an LD ride at a Vegas ride for a long time.  So if they do put one on and
you go, you won't be allowed to whine, bitch, complain, or be
obnoxious.  Can you do that?

>  They are trying to figure out how to make it a
>multi day.

Which brings up the question, should the AERC sanction multiday LD rides
and allow 4 year old horses to do them?  I know your horse is older, but
I'm sure there is somebody somewhere that would want to try riding a
multiday 25 or 30 mile a day for a week on a young horse.  Heck, we even
have riders riding 4 year old in 50's, don't we?

Don't get too excited though, Silver State is called a "Point to Point"
ride for a reason.

>  So,  we must help support the ride manager in every way.
>Volunteers are a welcome sight ,  bring the family for Thanksgiving in God's
>beautiful desolute desert,  enjoy the simple things in life,  riding ,
>riding , riding.

Is that "desolate" as in unfit for habitation or use?  Nice compliment :^}

Well, good luck to you.  Sorry I didn't get any pictures of you on the
trail last weekend.  How many more rides do you need anyhow -- there are
still quite a few rides left this year that also offer LD's, at least in
the W region.