Re: RC: Dead/Alive -TEVIS RESCUE Part 2

Yes, Lif
Except it started out as a people emergency--- Denise went over with her
horse. There were no emergency services in place. Just happened to turn
INTO a horse emergency. No one is saying you need PROFESSIONAL services.
Most places have local Search and Rescue teams who do not charge for
their services--- at least that is how it is in CA. Is it so different
other places? AND this was a sanctioned AERC ride that people paid money
to enter. A high profile ride--- a championship! Is it too much for them
to expect that some emergency services are available if needed? Denise
wasn't even given numbers of people to contact from what I read. She was
just a hair away from being on that ledge herself.
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov